Saturday, February 26, 2011

Update for today

Seedlings continue to appear in the pots which I planted earlier in January. There are still several populations which have not come up but I am sure there will be something in due time.
I was able to transplant 3 more little plantlets from my Mirek #4 so they keep on coming.
It is so interesting to see them start a root down the stem of the mother plant. Sadly that root is quite brittle and I did break one by not being careful.

More pictures next week.










Some new babies are coming up from Mandarin orange seeds which I planted a couple of weeks ago. These were the tiny oranges in the cute little boxes. I have now planted seeds of the Ponkan oranges as well. Non of these are hardy here of course but they do make a nice indoor ornamental tree if you can keep the bugs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment